We are closed for the Season.
We will reopen for camping April 2024 (date to be announced).
If you would like to request a reservation for trailer/RV camping for the 2024 Season, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most other questions can be answered on this website.
Please do not call the office as voicemails will not be answered at this time.
See you next season!
Tent camping is first come, first serve, for both the beach and/ or the bayside (pet friendly) areas of the campground. It is ALWAYS non-reservable. The dynamics of Lake Erie are ever changing and we cannot guarantee availability. Please call the night before to inquire about conditions and availability. We start a waiting list as early as 9:00 am. You must be here in person to sign up with your tent ready. We will then start placements after 9:00 am. There is no check in time for tent camping. Check out is 1:00pm.
During your stay with us, the following tent camping rules will be in place:
• No visitors are permitted
• No more than 2 adults and their children per tent
• In the event you have an additional tent for your children, this tent must be touching yours
• Tents will be spaced by management
• Maximum tent size permitted is 14x10
• No parking on the beach; all parking will be in designated parking areas, and due to fragile beach conditions we no longer allow any campers on the beach
• 1 car per registrant; additional vehicles may not be able to be accommodated
Welcome to Sara’s Campground, offering camping along the shores of beautiful Lake Erie! Pitch your tent or park your camper on one of over 100 campsites nestled along both the bayside and lakeside beaches of the lake. Sara’s Campground is located directly between Presque Isle State Park, with over 12 miles of public beaches, bike paths and nature trails, and Waldameer Amusement Park and Water World.
Only In Your State travel blog calls Sara’s Campground
“The Beachfront Attraction In Pennsylvania You’ll Want To Visit Over And Over Again”!
Newsflash: Presque Isle State Park rated “Best Freshwater Beach” by USA TODAY!
ITS COMING TO SARAS CAMPGROUND ... THE TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE!
Enjoy a unique experience to see the sun completely covered by the moon with the beautiful corona visible. Erie will be in the path of totality on April 8, 2024. It will begin approximately 2:02pm and end approximately 4:30pm, with totality @ 3:18pm lasting 3 minutes and 48 seconds! So many phenomena accompany an eclipse: Birds and animals go to rest. The temperature drops, the sky goes black and there is sunset along the horizon. An experience not to be missed!
Saras campground will begin taking Reservations for the April 2024 Eclipse Event starting Wednesday June 7th. Reservations will ONLY be accepted for RVs and Trailers. NO TENT camping permitted for this event. Reservation package for $695 to include a 4 night stay Friday April 5th - Tuesday April 9th. Up to 4 adults and 5 children. Full Hookup sites with Wi-Fi, music and food available along with Private Beach viewing. Limited sites available! Payment in full required to reserve your spot with NO Refunds after August 31st.
Open & wooded campsites for RV’s & tents
Picnic tables & fire rings
Tenting on the beach
Clean, modern restrooms and showers
Firewood & Ice
Crazy Oven Restaurant
Beach Zero Souvenir Shop
Family Tent Rate (2 adults & up to 5 children): $38/night, $228/week
Basic Tent Rate (includes 2 adults): $35/night, $210/week
2 Adult maximum per tent
Bicyclists: $15/person (one night max)
Motorhomes and Trailers: $45/night, $270/week
Pop-Ups, Truck/Van Campers: $40/night, $240/week
Additional Adults joining guests in motorhomes, trailers, or pop-ups are $7/person/night
Thank you again for choosing Sara’s Campground for your family fun vacation!
Please don’t forget to check us out at our other location RV Village at Mercer Too!
• Reservations are not accepted for any beach camping!
• Beach camping is available on a first come, first served basis.
• Please call our office the day before (early evening) to check anticipated availability.
• Beach camping is limited to tents only.
• ABSOLUTELY NO PETS on our private beach tent camping. Pets are welcome on our Bayside campground.
BAY SIDE CAMPING:
• Reservations are available on the bay side for trailers, motorhomes, and pop-ups.
• We offer full service sites (water, 30/50 electric, sewer, cable, and internet).
• We require a 5 NIGHT MINIMUM STAY for reservations from May 15th through September 15th.
• All reservations must be paid in full at the time the reservation is accepted (48 hour cancellation policy). We accept Visa or MasterCard.
• If you do not meet the 5 night reservation requirement, you can check with the office for availability but availability is limited.
• Bay side tent camping is first come, first served. Please call our office prior to leaving to check anticipated availability.
• ALL TENT CAMPING IS AT A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS WHETHER YOU STAY ON THE LAKE SIDE (BEACH) OR BAY SIDE (WOODED AREA).
• Because we don’t take reservations, there is no minimum stay required.
• Please call our office prior to leaving to check anticipated availability.
Just a reminder:
• We do not have cabins.
• We do not accept online reservations.
• When you stay 6 nights you get the 7th night FREE!
• We do not allow motorized scooters or golf carts.
2024 Craft / Activities Coming Soon