Welcome to our Site Map and Helpful Hints page! You may click on the map, below, to download and print a more detailed version in PDF format. Please contact us if your question is not answered below.
- During the height of the season (mid June - mid September) the best times to arrive for camping are Sunday through Wednesday. We start getting very busy on Thursdays.
- The weekends tend to fill quickly, particularly when the weather is nice.
- We cannot accommodate groups because we are not a very large campground.
- If you have a fold-up table, please bring it! When we have busy weekends it is hard for us to accommodate a picnic table for everyone!
- Canopies are permitted. Canopies must be registered at the office and meet registration requirements.
- We do not allow refrigerators or AC units on the beach.
- We do not permit fireworks, floating lanterns, or tiki torches because of the close proximity of the tents - it can become very dangerous as tents are highly flammable!
- We are adjacent to a 13 mile bike path, so if you have bicycles, bring them! It is a beautiful ride.
- All camping on the lake side is directly on the beach. There are no additional sites on the lake side other than the beach itself.
- Camping on the beach is open camping, meaning there are no designated sites. We have utility poles that line the beach road. The closer you get to the water, the further you get from the utilities. Bring an outdoor extension cord, just in case you are not set up close to a utility pole.
- We have a dump station on the lake side.
- We do NOT allow pets on the lake side! If you choose to bring a pet, we are pet friendly on the bay side. All pets must be kept on a leash and cleaned up after.
- Our bay side campground is a wooded area, with designated, numbered sites. Many include cement pads with water, electric, sewage and cable TV. This is primarily where our motor homes, trailers and pop-ups stay.
- We have camping sites available for tents in our wooded area as well, on a first come first served basis.
- Campfires are permitted on the beach as long as they are contained within a fire ring. There is a small section of the beach where we do not permit fires (clearly marked, “No Fire Zone”).
- Grills are not provided, however, we do not have fire rings. You can bring a rack to cook on, or we sell racks in the store that fit perfectly on top of the fire ring!
- The beach gets very windy at times so make sure you have long, sturdy tent stakes that will keep your tent down! We don’t want you blowing away! We sell heavy-duty tent stakes in the store.
- If we don’t answer the phone, please try again! It means we are either on the other line with a customer or assisting a customer in the office! When leaving a voicemail, please leave a detailed message with camping unit, length of stay, inquiries, etc.
- We sell firewood for $5.00 a bundle (roughly 8 pieces of wood and a fire starter). You may bring your own wood as long as you are NOT crossing state lines. If you bring your own wood, please make sure it is untreated and does not contain any nails.
- We have quarter operated showers, one quarter for five minutes of hot water.
- We do not have a boat launch, but there are many inside the state park! The nearest one is 1 mile away.
- There is no fishing allowed on our beach. However, there are plenty of opportunities to fish within the state park!
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed, but please NO glass bottles!
- Security on duty: Thursday - Sunday